Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IR communtication with BS2 hmwk board and Propstck — Parallax Forums

IR communtication with BS2 hmwk board and Propstck

logan996logan996 Posts: 281
edited 2010-02-28 19:29 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hey, does anyone know how IR works, i read the IR pdf, but im still confused. what i want to do is make a simple remote controller out of a BS2 Homework board for a propstick kit, i have all the parts but im confuseed about the code, i dont know BS2 IR code and i still really dont know how to make the propstick even blink a LED without reading how.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

·Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-28 19:20
    1) Start with the Remote Control with the BoeBot tutorial and work through the exercises as best you can given that you have a Homework Board rather than a BoeBot. Many of the exercises will work. Remember that the Homework Board has built-in 220 Ohm resistors on the I/O pins.

2) Work through the exercises in the Propeller Education Kit labs that you can download from one of the "sticky" threads in the Propeller forum. Some of those will get you through the "blink an LED" stage. The labs will work with the PropStick since one version of the Propeller Education Kit uses a PropStick rather than the individual components.
  • logan996logan996 Posts: 281
    edited 2010-02-28 19:29
    Ok thanks! I'll try them

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

·Thomas Jefferson