Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ADC0831 anomaly on BSII board of education! — Parallax Forums

ADC0831 anomaly on BSII board of education!

Jimbo30Jimbo30 Posts: 129
edited 2010-03-03 03:22 in BASIC Stamp
Strange!· If I use pin 0 for CS; Pin 1 for CLK and pin 2 for DO the ADC0831 chip works correctly.· But if I try to switch it up; such as, pin 6 for CS; pin 9 for CLK and pin 8 for DO, the chip experiences a problem and·shows that I always have 5V on the debug terminal.· Is this just an isolated incident or is there something I am missing?·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-28 19:14
    You didn't say what else was connected or mis-connected. When you mis-connect a chip, all bets are off about what might happen. You might destroy the chip. You might destroy what's connected to the chip. Nothing out of the ordinary may happen other than the chip not working. It all depends on exactly what you've connected to what and on the internal design of the chip. It's not an anomaly. It's just a matter of having made a mistake and not knowing the details of what happened.
  • Steve AndruesSteve Andrues Posts: 29
    edited 2010-03-02 03:40
    Have you connected it back to the original configuration to see if it still works?· If it works like it had previously, then you probably have a wiring error.· If it does not work correctly, you may have 'torched' the ADC.· Also check for wires you may have knocked loose during the reconfiguration (I do that one a lot).· The bigger your project, the greater is the possibility for knocking something loose.
    ·
  • Jimbo30Jimbo30 Posts: 129
    edited 2010-03-03 03:22
    Yeah, I am using RJ45 wires I cut for breadboarding.· They do not fit the best in the breadboard so it's a pain troubleshooting.· I will have to look around for extra breadboarding wire.