Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unable to Connect error — Parallax Forums

Unable to Connect error

alluvailalluvail Posts: 6
edited 2010-07-24 20:44 in Accessories
After installing the software, pressing run results in" could not start running. Ensure your PropScope is connected. Details: Unable to Connect. Error: 0 on Com7 Last: No configuration found.

I swapped USB cables with a known good cable. The computer chimes when the USB is connected or disconnected. If I press run with the USB cable disconnected, the error message states that Propscope can't be found.
Now what?

Comments

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-02-28 04:36
    Hi Alluvail,
    Some things to check:
    - Has your PropScope ever worked?
    - What OS are you running?
    - Which version of PropScope- v1.04 is the latest...
    - Any odd usb devices on your system?
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • alluvailalluvail Posts: 6
    edited 2010-03-02 02:14
    This Propscope has never responded to 'run' without the error message.·(With or with out the DAC card.)
    My laptop runs windows XP service pack 3.
    The software says it is version1.0.4.
    I have a mouse and 4 port hub, but the propscope won't·respond when it's the only usb device attached.
    I wondered about Kaspersky, but it hasn't caused much trouble in the past.

·
    edited 2010-03-02 20:54
    Hi Alluvail,
    I've taken a screenshot of my "System Properties", "Device Manager", "PropScope"- see attached. Can you take one of your system?
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
    1082 x 487 - 150K
    usb.png 149.8K
  • Ton OTon O Posts: 6
    edited 2010-03-03 20:10
    Hi Hanno,

I recently bought also a proscope and have simulair problems.
    1- when I push RUN to stop and restart, I get every time connection problems. Have to go through reset and restart in a strange way before I have the connection restored. My sysytem information is 100% AS YOUR SCREEN SHOTS.
    2- When I have had such a connection problem I'm unable to set bit mode and patron mode in the logic analyser. It will work well in the DSP LSA screen

Have installed the Proscope software om two computers ( desktop and a laptop ) both running Windows XP with latest updates. In both situation the "problems are the same"

The fault ( Run/ start/stop ) applies to all run knobs for all apps. tabs.
    edited 2010-03-03 21:08
    Hi Hanno-

The 'print screen' key doesn't respond, the print to file places the file somewhere, I don't know where, and a digital camera photo is 1000 k too big.·But-

The print out for the device says: "Class: USB controllers, Device: Propscope, No resources used. Device Drivers:"· The Device manager lists Propscope under the USB controllers.

I'll study your screen shots to see if I can find other differences.
  • Ton OTon O Posts: 6
    edited 2010-03-03 21:20
    Hanno,

Back to my previous problem. When I use F9 and F10 for start and stop there seems to be no problem. Connection is made without error messages. In the previous error situation my laptop generated a Windows XP error report in a reconnection situation.

Hope that this information give some direction to the fault situation.
    edited 2010-03-03 21:27
    Hi again-

The device driver window is the same as yours.

The USB list is different in the device manager:

ICH7 family usb universal host controller - 27C8

ICH7................same............................- 27C9

ICH7................same............................-27CA

ICH7.................same.............................-27CB

ICH7 Enhaunced Host controller-27CC

Propscope

root... and so on looks about the same

-alluvial
    edited 2010-03-04 03:21
    Hanno-

At last, I figured out screen shots! Ithink
    edited 2010-03-04 04:32
    Hi Alluvail,
    Thanks for the screenshots, yes, your system looks just like mine. I'll keep working on this.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-03-04 22:45
    Ton O,
    Are you saying that you DON'T get "connection" problems when you hit "F9/F10"?
    And you do get a problem when you click on the "Run" button?
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-03-20 18:20
    Hello Hanno
    We were successful to get the Propscope running on a different laptop running Vista. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the Propscope software on the laptop running XP, but unfortunately we're still encountering the same problem.

-Alluvial
  • rkarka Posts: 2
    edited 2010-07-21 02:06
    I have the same problem with a Dell Laptop running Windows XP SP3. Was there any resolution to this problem?
    edited 2010-07-22 04:09
    Hi,
    Should be resolved with the latest software- see here:
    http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=40&m=465791
    If you're still having issues feel free to pm me and I'll skype/email/phone to resolve things.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • rkarka Posts: 2
    edited 2010-07-24 20:44
    Hi Hanno,

I just tried 1.06 software and I'm still having problems with the Propscope. Maybe it's a firmware/hardware problem more than software, since if I select "load firmware" it always comes up and runs clean for about 30 seconds, then it looks like the signal is garbled for another 30 seconds or so, then the Propscope stops altogether. At this point if I select "load firmware" the whole sequence repeats itself. I've also tried this with the 1kHz single from the attachment board - same results/sequence.

- rka