Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using H-bridge circuits with BSII Question — Parallax Forums

Using H-bridge circuits with BSII Question

Jimbo30Jimbo30 Posts: 129
edited 2010-02-25 23:50 in BASIC Stamp
If one would have multiple H-bridge circuits consisting of Forward, Reverse & Enable pins,·would it be a no no to use the same BSII pin for "Enable" to control speed of·2 motors at the same time?·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-25 23:31
    There's no electrical reason not to use one I/O pin for two "Enable" signals. Does it do what you want? Both motors would be activated at the same time and you couldn't use PWM to adjust the speed of each motor separately, but you could adjust the speed of both motors. Remember that motors are not identical and that providing the same PWM signal to two motors doesn't necessarily result in the same speed for both motors.
  • Jimbo30Jimbo30 Posts: 129
    edited 2010-02-25 23:50
    Mike--that thought crossed my mind about "not two motors are created equal"·because I have seen it occur in the past.· I haven't gone as far as testing the H-bridges with BSII yet because I am still waiting for components.· However, I have connected a battery, applying the same voltage·to each motor to test and there is a slight difference in·speed that I can hear.·freaked.gif····················· ·I can see away around it, though.·