Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
factors effecting PIR and ULTRASONIC sensor — Parallax Forums

factors effecting PIR and ULTRASONIC sensor

azadazad Posts: 4
edited 2010-03-02 04:19 in Accessories
Can anyone help me with which factors effect the PIR and ULTRASONIC SENSORS???

thanks
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-25 16:35
    First read the documentation for the PIR and PING sensors and look at the Wikipedia articles on these types of sensors (passive infrared and ultrasonic), then come back with specific questions.

The way you phrased your question suggests that this is an educational question, something for class. In that case, you need to do your own research and not ask others to answer your problem for you. If this isn't the case, you still need to do enough research to understand the question enough to pose more specific questions and also to show what you do understand so others can answer in terms that you know already.
  • azadazad Posts: 4
    edited 2010-03-02 00:16
    Thanks for advise mike

It is not educational, it is for my own research. I have read those documentation but i need some technical data.
    I am designing a SEAT DETECTION SYSTEM FOR OFF-HIGHWAYS TRUCK to detect operator in seat. I need the BEAM PLOT for this particular sensor and more technical information. I also was looking for factors which can effect of detection to check if my designed system works.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-02 04:19
    What you need to do is design the system and THEN find parts that will suit your needs. What are your parameters?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen