Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LCD Bargraph help — Parallax Forums

LCD Bargraph help

tgraz34tgraz34 Posts: 16
edited 2010-02-24 11:25 in BASIC Stamp
Im working on a bar graph tachometer right now and i have some code that displays a bar graph but the problem is that each bar takes up one block and id like to have it so the bar graph displays each individual column in the block. The link i posted shows exactly what im trying to do. What i am asking is for someone to tell me what kind of commands i should use to achieve this. Please comment if you want me to clarify something. THANKS

http://www.parallax.com/Default.aspx?tabid=420

Comments

• MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2010-02-24 02:15
    ··· If you are restricted to·blocks of· 5x8 pixels you can program·4 different custom characters like this:· I·, ·II·,· III ,··IIII· .· The fifth character can be a solid block which is already in the character set.· There is also a centered vertical line which is also in the character set so really all you need is three custom characters.· There will still be a small gap between each column block where there are no pixels.·· So... you can increase the·column·resolution by a factor of five.· You can use the modulus operator (MOD) to determine what special character to use .· If the modulus operator returns a zero then use the "block", if 1 use "I", ·if 2 use "II", if 3 use "III", etc.·....··Does this help?

Post Edited (Mikerocontroller) : 2/24/2010 2:24:48 AM GMT
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2010-02-24 05:25
    Here's an example:
    emesystems.com/BS2math4.htm#BarGraph

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • tgraz34tgraz34 Posts: 16
    edited 2010-02-24 11:25
    I think i have a good idea of how im going to go about this. Thanks alot guys.