Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Will not plot in Stamp Plot when connected. — Parallax Forums

Will not plot in Stamp Plot when connected.

ElectronJayElectronJay Posts: 4
edited 2010-03-04 10:08 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I am having problems getting my basic stamp to plot in StampPlot. When I upload the code to the basic stamp it works fine. I am using COM7 for both the Basic Stamp editing program and the StampPlot. When I am in Stamp Plot, it allows me to connect to the board. The C turns green and the R flashes from green to red continuously. However, there is no plot. I have tried my board on other computers and it plots perfectly fine. The Activity I am trying to Plot is Activity #1 Chapter 2, in the Process Control Book. I've installed the Macros needed for Stamp Plot and I also copied the code directly from the book on the website. I tried using version 3.8 and 3.75 of Stamp Plot and neither of them work. I am currently using a laptop with a quad core, 4gb ram, VISTA 64-bit. To connect to my board I am using a Serial to USB which I also installed the drivers for.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? I've tried changing ports/coms, baud rates, scale on the graph, different macors, re-installed both stampPlot versions twice, re-uploaded board..... I am out of ideas...

Comments

• Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2010-02-24 01:12
    Hi,
    Are you using a prolific USB device? They have issues with vista 64 & the MSComm control used by StampPlot and exhibit the symptoms you describe.

Martin Hebel
  • ElectronJayElectronJay Posts: 4
    edited 2010-02-24 01:38
    Yeah I guess it is a prolific. I don't have the original packaging but I am guessing that it's not a hardwired adapter but probably has some kind of a chipset built into it. Is there any way around these problems? My laptop does not have a serial adapter. I got my board to work on another computer using a USB to Serial adapter, but not the same one I was using. Guess I can't really rule the adapter out quite yet.
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2010-02-24 03:06
    You can try updating the driver, maybe they fixed it. Other than that, pick up a parallax adapter which uses FTDI chipset
    -Martin
    edited 2010-02-24 03:08
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!!
    edited 2010-03-04 10:08
    Buying the parallax serial to usb adapter did not fix the problem. It does the exact same thing. I am noticing a checksum error at the bottom of the page though. I thought maybe something was wrong with the code but I'm copying it directly from the book, plus I've proved that it works on other computers. Any new solutions to this problem yet?