Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need some newb help — Parallax Forums

need some newb help

JC565JC565 Posts: 3
edited 2010-02-24 02:30 in BASIC Stamp
Some guys built a Robot a few years back, and apparently took the programs and all that stuff with them. (im at a community college)

im tryin to get this robot up and runnign for a group of kids. Can anyone give me and idea of what i need to do? i know nothing about programming etc...

is there a program that will allow you to press keys on a keyboard andmove it around? that would be all i need really.

Comments

• JC565JC565 Posts: 3
    edited 2010-02-23 20:11
    oh it uses a super carrier board, and its a 4 axis robotic arm..open/close claw, spin left/right, move up down, reach in/out..uses stepper motors...if that matters.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-02-24 00:12
    Need much more help than that. What kind of steppers, what are they connected to what is the carrier board connected to, how is it powered, what are the input devices, are there other boards in the system. Pictures would help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • JC565JC565 Posts: 3
    edited 2010-02-24 02:30
    ill try to get a picture tommorow... this is what i do know.... there is a (or what looks to be) a computer power supply with its plugs cut off. its hooked to some kinds of big board (about 8in by 6 inch) that has copper terminals on it. the wires from that big board are what run to the steppers (i think they are 4 wire steppers, but they could be 3, ill check) that board is connected via a copper bridge to the super carrier board.

i will get as much info as i can tommorrow, but thats all i know for now.