Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
micro dual serial motor controller — Parallax Forums

micro dual serial motor controller

NsanecomXNsanecomX Posts: 22
edited 2010-02-19 21:33 in BASIC Stamp
i recieved my motor controller yesterday and i am so lost. i already had the board of education and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good tutorial i could see to get the hang of the motor controller. or if anyone had a simple·pic of how to set it up or anything really that would be great. i just need any help to get started. thanks

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-02-19 18:48
    NsanecomX,

There is a document availble online that could help with connections and sample code at the end of the document. This should get you up and running relatively quickly; if you have a specific question feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help. The picture of the connection and sample code are in the PDF below.

Pololu Motor Controller:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/motors/plolumtorcontr.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • NsanecomXNsanecomX Posts: 22
    edited 2010-02-19 21:12
    thanks for the link. im pretty unexperienced with the bs2 also. do i need more than one power supply for everything because all i have is the 9v for the bs2?

the .pdf·says to connect to the motor supply and the logic supply. how do i do that?

how would you suggest me setting up 2 motors on the board of education with the motor controller so that i could mess with it to get the hang of it. i think i could figure out the coding, i just dont want to mess the motor controller by setting it up wrong

thanks again

Post Edited (NsanecomX) : 2/19/2010 9:30:29 PM GMT
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-02-19 21:27
    NsanecomX,

Commonly you would want to power the motors and microcontroller from separate supplies, as running motors will inherently muddle the supply line with noise; which can cause issues with the controller. The logic supply is the voltage that the microcontroller is running at, so for the BS2 it would be 5VDC (vdd).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • NsanecomXNsanecomX Posts: 22
    edited 2010-02-19 21:33
    ok that makes sense. would i just plug the new power supply into the bread board along with everything else?

is there a picture of the motor controller connected to the board of education that i could use to set up everything so i could mess with it and to get the hang of it? i dont want to chance hooking anything up wrong and ruining any of the chips