Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Infrared diode sensor information — Parallax Forums

Infrared diode sensor information

Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
edited 2010-02-18 14:09 in Accessories
I'm trying to Google some information on using IrLED's for sensors, hopefully to pick up the reflected light for navigation of a robot.

I wonder if anyone has any informative links they'd like to share. One article mentioned driving the LED with 40kHz, but I dunno why..... Anyways I've got an idea for another project/toy I'm trying to research.

That reminds me, I need to find out if this post is proper etiquette for the Parallax forums. I'm using a BS2, but this isn't really a Parallax question.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"puff"...... Smile, there went another one.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-17 23:09
    There are a number of Parallax tutorials that discuss IR sensors for robot navigation. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on Downloads. On the Downloads page, click on Stamps in Class Downloads and you'll get a list of tutorials. Useful ones include "Robotics with the BoeBot" and "IR Remote for the BoeBot".

This is the Sensors forum and you're asking about a kind of sensor. Another appropriate forum would be the Sandbox.
  • Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-02-18 14:09
    Thank you. The "IR remote for the BoeBot" is very informative...... At least now I know why a 40kHz oscillator is needed.

I'll read it over. I suppose I'll have some more questions when I'm finished. I'll likely post it in the sandbox forum like you suggest. This forum appears to be for Parallax sensors only.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "puff"...... Smile, there went another one.