Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
parallax receiver — Parallax Forums

parallax receiver

dimadima Posts: 2
edited 2010-02-16 15:12 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have a question about a receiver (part #: 27981). I want to buy·it, but what·will·I use to send a signal to the BStamp??

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-16 05:42
    The receiver (#27981) and the matching transmitter which is discontinued are being replaced by a transceiver (#27982). You can select whether the transceiver is to receive or transmit by a signal line (see the documentation for the transceiver).

What do you want to use to produce the signal to send to the Stamp? Do you want to use a PC? Do you want to use another Stamp? It's possible to drive the transceiver from a USB to TTL serial adapter like the USB2SER (#28024) adapter from Parallax. If you want the PC to control whether the transceiver is transmitting or receiving, you'll need a different adapter and some external circuitry.
  • dimadima Posts: 2
    edited 2010-02-16 07:53
    Oh gotcha.

So if Im using a PC to send a signal (lets say I send a signal to turn an LED on a remote circuit with a tranciever with a b-stamp), i need to have an additional circuit with another b-stamp and a transciever·to be connected to my pc.

thank you!

·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-16 15:12
    You can do it with another Stamp and transceiver connected to your PC. You could also connect the transceiver to your PC using a couple of transistors and resistors. If you just want a wireless link between your PC and your Stamp, I'd suggest you look at xBee and Bluetooth. xBee would require a transceiver at each end. Bluetooth could use the Bluetooth transceiver that's built into most newer PCs (or you could use a standard Bluetooth USB plugin). Parallax has some xBee transceivers in their webstore with lots of documentation and sample code. They also have their Easy Bluetooth module, also with documentation and sample code. Have a look at those too. Using xBee and Bluetooth is easier than using the 433MHz transceivers, particularly if you want reliable bidirectional communications.