Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help!!! No basic stamp found — Parallax Forums

Help!!! No basic stamp found

mota_puma999mota_puma999 Posts: 3
edited 2010-02-16 22:18 in BASIC Stamp
when i try to load a program to my basic stamp i revice this anouncement "NO BASIC STAMP FOUND"

I do not know what can i do....
i attach a photo of my circuit...
2048 x 1536 - 279K

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-15 01:37
    Have you looked for previous discussions of your problem? It's been asked about and answered many many times before. There's a "Member Supported FAQ" that discusses this that you can find as a "sticky" thread in this forum at the top of the thread list.

Common explanations:

1) There's no power for your Stamp or there's something inadequate about the power source.

2) There's something wrong with the connection between the Stamp and the Stamp Editor on your PC. If you're using a USB to serial adapter, it may be one of the ones that can't be used for programming a Stamp. Good ones include those using the FTDI chip or Keyspan's High Speed Serial Adapter.

3) If you're using a USB to Serial Adapter, you may not have installed the manufacturer's driver. The default Windows driver won't work for programming a Stamp.
  • C-BobC-Bob Posts: 19
    edited 2010-02-15 23:17
    I have some other tips:
    4) Inspect conection some cable (laplink) have crossed wires on pins 2 and 3
    5) if you have USB serial adapter look for port number assignement (st. is helpful chnge port number to 1-4)
    6) on one computer i have trouble in sync. - stamp is randomly invisible, i solve this by disabling FIFO buffer.

smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    C-Bob

Every problem·have at least one·nice, simply and·wrong solution.
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-02-16 02:51
    Note you need two small (0.1 uF) capacitors, and a jumper between DB-9 pins 6 and 7. Look at the BOE schematic to get the right circuit to hook up the DB-9 to the BS2 serial port.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-02-16 22:18
    mota_puma999,

A good indication as to the reason is often explained in the Identification operation; what do you get for Echo and Loopback when you run "Identify" from the BASIC Stamp Editor?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com