Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SPC Output — Parallax Forums

SPC Output

Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
edited 2010-02-15 17:25 in Accessories
All--

I thought I had seen some discussion regarding reading SPC output. But, "search" doesn't give me anything.

I am contemplating putting another digital scale on my mill. This one would have SPC output. The only reason I would like to do this is to experiment with controlling, say, the x-axis with a big stepper.

I don't have a clue how to read SPC output, or if it is even feasible in the Stamp environment.

Can you help?

Thanks!
--Bill
ps Some time ago,·I put a heapie-cheapie scale on the quill. It works well and is very useful. But, I want to take another small step towards CNC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
You are what you write.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-02-15 01:00
    does this help? www.matronics.com/cncscale/DiagramRev2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2010-02-15 01:22
    Stephen--

Yes. It tells me reading the output is rather simple, electronically. I need to determine if whatever sensor I get has a Starrett compatible output or something else.

What I would like to do is be able to crank the output into Debug. Later, I could substiture an LCD for Debug.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-02-15 17:25
    Sounds like that would be the way to start. I think keeping it simple until you have a handle on it is always the best approach. Good luck and keep us posted
    P.S. I Googled SPC protocol to get that link and there are other, probably informative links that cover some of the other formats. There was even a protocol converter someone built to run a milling machine.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen