Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I wants to make my stamp read the text on speaker — Parallax Forums

I wants to make my stamp read the text on speaker

SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
edited 2010-02-15 03:15 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi Guys
I am getting sick in my head yeah.gif· and wants to do something cool for my school project and i wants that my Basic stamp 2·should read stuff like welcome to this and that etc and should read my servo at this angle. Or i can record it some where when i give the comand speaker should freak out.
Is there any way out to do this cool kind of stuff·smilewinkgrin.gif· Whats i have to buy·shakehead.gif·. Please give in detail on the level of student. idea.gif I am student. I only wants smart people to reply on it. Please no dumb·idea.gif reply bcoz i maybe do that and waste my time and then it doent work that would be sickcry.gif . SO plz guys help me if u know how. I know that you can freqout on speaker but it just freqout music stuff shocked.gif . I need voice or text reading thing. Hope my fuking class mates are not reading this message. nono.gif

So now my project is robot arm. I dont know if i would be able to finish this or not. Plz bless me so i can do it nicely and ok. I am using 5 servos one on base for rotation and rest u know if u had seen robot arm. So i wants you guys to give me suggestions. Like u know something nice except the arm stuff we have to making fencing etc etc stuff. So it is kind of making product for customer. Suggestion for this and help for top question

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-13 15:50
    Parallax used to sell a text to speech module, but they don't make it anymore and it's out of stock. There is speech synthesizer software for the Propeller that would work with the Propeller Backpack with some minor changes. The vocal tract synthesis software is in the Propeller Object Exchange (obex.parallax.com/objects/72/). There's also a thread by Phil Pilgrim on a text to phoneme processor that uses the vocal tract synthesis software: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=613308.
  • SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
    edited 2010-02-14 01:02
    Thanks for the reply sir

I try downloading the thing its not working for me i dont know why it freezes.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-14 01:41
    If you want help, you have to provide information about what you've done. Saying "its not working for me" or "i dont know why it freezes" tells me very little.
  • SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
    edited 2010-02-15 03:15
    Sir i will be back on this conversation but today my group leader said me that·i should just start picking up the stuff and putting it back on its place which just ·hurt me alot i cant tell u·shakehead.gif·. So Sir i am working on picking up the stuff and keeping it back now with my robot arm. But he is right at his point. So sir i will come back on this conversation very soon. Thanks for the help.·I just wants do right now what he is asking me for. But i will be back on this topic very soon. if gods wants that.