Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
STAMP PLOT Com Port — Parallax Forums

STAMP PLOT Com Port

mattbullmattbull Posts: 1
edited 2010-02-11 03:45 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi:

Using a Homework Board with USB-serial adapter to run Process Control SIC programs and STAMPPLOT macros. Generally things run fine.

However Many times the COM port selected when I download BS2 programs to Board from Basic Stamp Editor is often over 10, sometimes in the 20's.
Programs work fine.

Problem is the STAMPPLOT macros won't let a COM PORT of something over 10 (I think). I have tried using the "force" COM directive to say 2, but it will say COM already in use.

My guess is this is something external of BSE or STAMP PLOT but does anyone know how I can reset COM port to use a port 1-10?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2010-02-11 00:42
    Hi Matt,
    Actually 15 is the limit with the Microsoft comm port control being used.

One option is to go into computer management, to the port, advanced and manually change the port number ignoring the warning it's been assigned.

Another option is that in the StampPlot Pro root directory in Program Files (version 3.8 on www.selmaware.com) is a copy of MSCOMM32.OCX that has been *cough* modified... Place a copy of this in your Windows/System32 directory replacing the version that is there.

-Martin
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-02-11 03:45
    mattbull, if you go into device manager and click the box to show hidden devices then delete all the hidden com ports you should have some available below 10. Also com ports 1 and 2 are the hardware ports and are not usually available sorta like disk drives A: and B:

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen