Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ADXL 213 accelrometer — Parallax Forums

ADXL 213 accelrometer

AN2AN2 Posts: 5
edited 2010-02-14 22:51 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello all,
I need to get the respiration signals of a human using a ADXL213 dual axis accelerometer.
Can somebody help me in this.

I referred the data sheet.

has anybody idea about the external circuit i should have in order to extract the signal to a PC or an oscilloscope?

hoping a soon reply.

thank you.

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2010-02-10 16:07
    If you put a scope on the output pins you should see the PWM signals described in the data sheet. If you want to transmit the values to a PC you will need to interface it to a suitable MCU, measure the time between the pulse edges, calculate the acceleration and transmit the data to a PC either via RS-232 or USB. I've done something like that with a similar ADI accelerometer and an AVR.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM

Post Edited (Leon) : 2/10/2010 5:28:04 PM GMT
  • AN2AN2 Posts: 5
    edited 2010-02-14 04:27
    Leon said...
    If you put a scope on the output pins you should see the PWM signals described in the data sheet. If you want to transmit the values to a PC you will need to interface it to a suitable MCU, measure the time between the pulse edges, calculate the acceleration and transmit the data to a PC either via RS-232 or USB. I've done something like that with a similar ADI accelerometer and an AVR.

Thanks Leon. Will give it a try...
  • AN2AN2 Posts: 5
    edited 2010-02-14 05:49
    Hello Leon,

If it is not a trouble and if it doesnot matter you, can I please have your circuit diagrams and code.

Thanks.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2010-02-14 22:51
    It was a long time ago, I don't think I have it any more.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM