Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Short-range sonar with bs2 — Parallax Forums

Short-range sonar with bs2

okemoabeokemoabe Posts: 12
edited 2010-02-24 15:19 in BASIC Stamp
I just bought myself this book from Parallax; 'PROGRAMMING AND CUSTOMISING THE BASIC STAMP COMPUTER' by Scot Edwards. For my own practice on Basic Stamps, I got interested on designing the exact short-range sonar illustrated from page 167-175. I have mounted everything the way it is on breadboard but when testing, the time-of-flight displayed in the computer is always zero and i am kind of stuck. The oscillator is testing well though.

Can someone help me diagnose the possible sources of errors quickly please... i really wanted to go through this but i am getting disspointed

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-02-08 18:49
    Since most of us don't have the book it would help if you drew up a schematic of the circuit and attached your code to your next post. If you use the attachment manager you can attach the actual file you are loading to the stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • okemoabeokemoabe Posts: 12
    edited 2010-02-09 10:21
    I·have attached in this mail, the code for this project and you can see the circuits by clicking on this link....·http://www.reconnsworld.com/bs2sonar.html

hope i managed to attach well here...
    edited 2010-02-10 14:04
    p ...... l ..... e ...... a ...... s ..... e
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-02-10 19:28
    Okemoabe,

Are you using the schematic that is on the web page with the parts·listed?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2010-02-12 16:44
    yes, everything as it is...
    edited 2010-02-24 15:19
    hurray...!!! managed at last, thank you for trying to work with me though.......