Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ERROR... " Basic Stamp 2 Not Found " — Parallax Forums

ERROR... " Basic Stamp 2 Not Found "

tejapolatejapola Posts: 1
edited 2010-02-04 05:36 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
I've encountered an error while connecting my laptop to ARobot. After loading the object code and trying to run it, it gives an error #23 Basic stamp 2 not found.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-04 05:24
    I know the forum search function is poor, but this is a very common question that's been answered many many times before. 90+% of the cases of this error are due to:
    1) Lack of power for the Stamp. The Stamp's processor must be running for it to be seen by the Stamp Editor.

2) Faulty connection between the Stamp and the PC. Sometimes this has been a broken cable. If a USB connection, sometimes it's a broken USB cable or USB to serial adapter. Many USB to serial adapters won't work for programming a Stamp (or other microcontrollers). All of Parallax's microcontrollers require that DTR (Data Terminal Ready) be implemented properly. Most FTDI-based adapters work and Keyspan's High Speed Serial Adapter works. You do have to have the proper manufacturer's USB drivers installed. The default Windows driver will not work for downloading programs.
  • kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2010-02-04 05:30
    Maybe someone could make a 'sticky' at the top of the basic stamp forum that would outline the most common remedies for this... just a thought.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-02-04 05:33
    @kf4ixm - It's already been done. There's a "sticky" thread called "Member Supported FAQ" that has this information in it. A lot of people just don't bother looking for the answer before they post a question.
  • kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2010-02-04 05:36
    ahhh, ok, i did not know that, guess i should have read that pesky ole' FAQ myself, lol.