Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
serial input and stampdaq download — Parallax Forums

serial input and stampdaq download

kennyatqubkennyatqub Posts: 1
edited 2010-02-01 15:24 in BASIC Stamp
·i'm fairly new to stamp so excuse me if this problem is simple, or if I dont get accross all info needed.

·I have data in string format going into a serial input (13) using standard STR bytearray format.
·The string consists of 14 bytes, some are recognition formats and end bytes, the middle·8 bytes are what I want,
·but they·consist of 4·high and low bytes to get·word size info in each.

·i·can write this info to memory but not in high and low byte format

·When I try to download using stampdaq I cant get the info from each high and low byte to combine into one cell.

·i have·written a similar program but the data is·not in string format and·it is written to memory as high and low bytes
·so downloading·using high and low byte labels·works fine.

·It appears·the problem is how it is written to memory but I can't see how too write the·STRING data into high and low byte format.

·any help would be appreciated

·Kenny

·The attached code is a simple version of what I'm trying to do, I'm using a datalogger to input a 4 byte string to the stamp.
·Thanks for the advice I got yesterday

Post Edited (kennyatqub) : 2/2/2010 10:19:11 AM GMT

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2010-02-01 15:24
    Welcome to the forums, Kenny.

The good news is that what you want to do probably can be done.

The bad news is no one can help you much without having a look at your code.

You can use the pencil icon in your original post to edit your post then use the Attachment Manager to send along a copy of your code.

Cheers

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·