Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
using BS2 with the eTape — Parallax Forums

using BS2 with the eTape

Matt180Matt180 Posts: 7
edited 2010-01-30 19:51 in BASIC Stamp
Is there any way to make the stamp read the ohms of the eTape kind of how the ping sensor can read distance. Im at a loss for ideas here any help would be wonderful. thanks

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-01-30 17:28
    OK, I'll take the bait. What's eTape?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2010-01-30 17:40
    @erco
    i believe he's talking about this...

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Sensors/PressureFlexRPM/tabid/177/CategoryID/52/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/590/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

@matt
    you can use RCTIME with the eTape and a 0.1mf cap as detailed in the sample code and documentation found in the above link.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-30 18:48
    Matt if you go to the etape page listed above and download the eTape Liquid Level Sensor Example Code (.zip) there are EXAMPLES in there (go figure)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Matt180Matt180 Posts: 7
    edited 2010-01-30 19:21
    what i am trying to do with it is keep the water level in a tank between 2 levels. I am just not sure what would be the easiest right now to do it with RCTIME or voltage divider. all i want to be able to do is compare the current value on the sensor to the lower bound where the pump kicks on and the upper bound where the pump turns off and waits for the level to drop back down.

what i was asking before now that I look at it that was kinda a dumb way to ask it is if the stamp can just measure resistance straight up without using RCTIME
  • kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2010-01-30 19:51
    no, the bs2 only utilizes digital i/o, it will not read or output analog signals directly. you will have to use either the RCTIME or an external analog to digital chip.