Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
interfacing matlab with basic stamp — Parallax Forums

interfacing matlab with basic stamp

missingcameomissingcameo Posts: 2
edited 2010-02-16 20:20 in BASIC Stamp
hi all,
i am doing research to control a movement of mobile robot by using brain signal. i was used matlab software to processing the brain signal and do the neural network. the neural network will generated output data for every movements task.
i have a problem to interfacing the bs2 with basic stamp. please help anyone..
regards,,,

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2010-01-27 17:39
    You will have to provide much more information to get specific answers.

However, if the computer running Matlab can provide a serial output, a Stamp can read that data and act on it.

Regards,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • missingcameomissingcameo Posts: 2
    edited 2010-01-27 18:34
    sorry for the lack of information.. however, i use serial output for bs2, may i have a matlab command to communicate with bs2?
    actually, i just used bs2 to control 2 servo motor, my output from matlab just to configure the brain signal which one for output task, the task is forward, stop, left and right.
    i already train all data in neural network. and the output can be found when i run singlevalue command in matlab by using better net from neural network. i want to do some offline experiment and i have a problem to communicate the matlab with bs2. pls help.

Post Edited (missingcameo) : 1/27/2010 6:45:43 PM GMT
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-28 02:11
    The BS2 will listen to serial on its port. All you need to do is send serial commands and then program the stamp to respond to the commands. You might find more help for the matlab program in a matlab forum or from their site.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Laserist1984Laserist1984 Posts: 9
    edited 2010-02-16 20:20
    Very nice and interristing post , hope that someone will give more information about the communication between matlab and BS2