Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Possibility? Parallax Servo Controller USB — Parallax Forums

Possibility? Parallax Servo Controller USB

CarneyCarney Posts: 2
edited 2010-01-27 17:30 in BASIC Stamp
Hey, I'm new to all this stuff so please bare with me. About 2 or 3 years ago i made a robotic arm with the help of some of you guys on this forum. So anyways i used the Parallax Server Controller USB (This one: http://www.antratek.de/images/PSC_usb_150.jpg) and i was wondering instead of the computer sending "signals" out to the chip, could i send a "signal" from the chip to the computer? I was thinking about connecting a toggle switch to the female pin and when i turn the switch on it would toggle for example, a letter on the keyboard. Is there a software or anything that would make this possible, instead of purchasing the actual chip/card.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-27 15:14
    The link you posted seems to be invalid, but, given that you purchased the Controller a couple of years ago, the answer to your question is No. It's not possible with that Controller to send information back from the Controller to the PC. The new Servo Controller that uses a Propeller chip can do what you want if you modify the firmware (which is fairly easy and all the source code is available for that purpose).
  • CarneyCarney Posts: 2
    edited 2010-01-27 17:30
    Ok, thanks alot. I really Appreciate it.