Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DEBUG Output Directly To A Monitor — Parallax Forums

DEBUG Output Directly To A Monitor

John BurrowJohn Burrow Posts: 27
edited 2010-01-26 21:10 in BASIC Stamp
For a variety of reasons, I like to·watch what's happening in my jumble of Stamps via DEBUG statements. However, I'd like to achieve this without a laptop/pc being used.

What do I need to do, so I can see DEBUG directly on my LCD screen? Maybe there's·a device I can put between the Stamp and the LCD, to converts the output.

All suggestions gratefully recieved, even if only to say it's not possible....

Thanks, John Burrow
San Diego

·

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-01-26 21:09
    If you have an NTSC video monitor (CRT or LCD) handy, you can use the Propeller Backpack module to get your DEBUG (in this case, SEROUT) output on the screen.

-Phil
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-26 21:10
    It depends on your LCD screen. If you have a TV video-based LCD, you could use a Propeller Backpack to act as a serial to video display. Look at the Backpack's webstore page for the documentation. If your LCD takes VGA video, you could use a Propeller Demo Board as a VGA text display. There are several threads on the use of two Propellers as a Z80 computer with one of them acting as a terminal using a VGA display. The terminal program could be used with your Stamps just as well. You'd need an RS232 level converter like the MAX3232 since the Stamps provide RS232-like voltages on the DEBUG / programming pins.