Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Power light on HomeWork board — Parallax Forums

Power light on HomeWork board

upand_at_themupand_at_them Posts: 61
edited 2010-01-27 02:23 in BASIC Stamp
This just started happening today. The green power LED doesn't stay lit. It only lights for a brief instant after pushing the reset button. It seems to work otherwise - haven't tested it much - but not having the power reminder could lead to a lot of drained batteries.

I've disconnected everything and connected the battery and still no green light. It's odd. New battery, too.

Mike

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2010-01-26 15:30
    Can you take some voltage measurements?· If so, measure:

Vin to Vss =

Vdd to Vss=

Let me know what you measure?

What type of circuit do you have connected to the Homework board?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • upand_at_themupand_at_them Posts: 61
    edited 2010-01-26 22:32
    Vin to Vss = 9V
    Vdd to Vss = 5V

No circuit on the board.

Mike
    edited 2010-01-26 22:46
    This is odd. I just downloaded a simple program:
    DO
    HIGH 14
    LOOP

And I've got the power light back.

I should be revisiting this as I'm going to reproduce the circuit I was doing before this happened.

Mike
  • Oper8r AlOper8r Al Posts: 98
    edited 2010-01-27 00:14
    Sounds like the program you had was running & hit an end statement. That would shut the led and the board off as soon as the program finished. Then the light would light when you reset the board until the program finished again. With the Do Loop it never ends. Just my $.02 worth.
    edited 2010-01-27 00:56
    Has to be something like that. The program I was using before did have a DO loop, but maybe there was a bug. I wasn't aware of the light being linked program execution...thought I damaged something.
  • TappermanTapperman Posts: 319
    edited 2010-01-27 02:23
    I did have a bad 555 on my stamp once ... and the LED didn't come on ... as soon as I removed the 555, the board came back to life.· Oh BTW, it was a Radio Shack purchase.· I don't have the best of luck with products I have purchased from them.

Post Edited (Tapperman) : 1/27/2010 2:28:13 AM GMT