Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallex USB Servo Controller not recognised — Parallax Forums

Parallex USB Servo Controller not recognised

EdwinDBEdwinDB Posts: 4
edited 2010-02-14 18:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

Today I got my new Parallex USB Servo Controller, after downloading and installing the drivers i connected the card to the PC and saw the led's on the board light up. I then tried running PSCi, went to file and selected COM4 (only available) and connected. The status is green with "Comm Port Open", I then tried file -> Get PSC version but this returns PSC not found, although if I move the sliders of a channel I do see the led's blink (2 larger ones near the usb connector and a small red one near the chip). The servo's also don't seem to respond (Parallex servo's).

What could be the problem?

Comments

• EdwinDBEdwinDB Posts: 4
    edited 2010-01-25 15:13
    Some extra info, when I switch on the board the servo does make a small (about 10 degrees) turn but that is not the result of a command I give from the PC
    edited 2010-01-25 23:54
    No one any idea?
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2010-01-26 07:15
    Your description sounds like you are opening a com port ok, but it's not the one connected to your Parallax USB Servo Controller.

What happens when you load the Propeller IDE and try to identify the Propeller by pressing F7?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Beau Schwabe (Parallax)) : 1/26/2010 8:29:34 PM GMT
    edited 2010-01-26 09:19
    It says No Propeller chip found on any serial port. Scanned COM4. But the moment I press F7 and the tool starts scanning I see the LED's on the Servo Controller blink so it is definitely trying to communicate with the device.

Regards,

Edwin
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2010-01-26 20:25
    EdwinDB,

That sounds like where your problem is. If the IDE tool can't see it, then nothing else would be able to either.
    What does your power supply to the Parallax USB Servo Controller look like?

Would it be possible to take any clear pictures and or schematic of your setup and post them?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • GumbaGumba Posts: 14
    edited 2010-02-14 18:53
    EdwinDB, if you haven't already resolved this problem---same thing happened to me and I uninstalled and then reinstalled the PSCi software--I'm having other issues but at least now the board/usb/software is talking...