Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
24LC1025 Eeprom — Parallax Forums

24LC1025 Eeprom

JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
edited 2013-07-16 08:07 in BASIC Stamp
· Can some one tell me how to read the complete end of the two wire bus 24LC1025·EEProm.

··The first half works fine. I thought Mike put something out on this but I have been unable to locate

· This on the Form with basic stamp. I am using a BS2SX.

·· would appreciate any info.

·· Thanks JHHR.....

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-24 18:13
    The 24LC1025 appears as two separate I2C addresses. The 1st half is accessed with a select byte of $A0 (write) or $A1 (read) if the chip select bits are zero. The 2nd half is accessed with select bytes of $A8 and $A9. Read the datasheet for the device to see how the bank select bit and the chip select bits go in the select byte.
  • JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
    edited 2010-01-24 20:42
    ·Thanks Mike for the Info.

·········I will look at the Data Sheet.

········ JHRR......
    edited 2010-01-24 20:51
    Note that, if you use any of the I2C drivers that I wrote (Basic_I2C_Driver or the one in FemtoBasic), you can address the 1st half of the EEPROM at $00000 through $0FFFF and the 2nd half at $40000 through $4FFFF. This addressing gimmick is used on the Microchip 24LC1025 EEPROM. If you use the Atmel 24C1024B, the two banks of 64K bytes are adjacent in the address space ($00000 through $1FFFF).
  • JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
    edited 2010-01-24 21:00
    ·Mike thanks again for the Information.

·I am using the Microchip EEprom.

·Thanks for the quick response. I think you are one of the smartest guy's on the

·Forum.

·Regards

·JHHR.....
    edited 2010-01-24 21:33
    Thanks, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the smartest guy on the forum. I try to read things carefully. I do quick research on the web to answer questions. I learned basic electronics years ago through amateur radio and have a lot of experience building kits and some "from scratch" things. I worked in the computer business as a systems programmer for many years and wrote compilers, run-time libraries, operating systems, text editors, and stuff like that. Since it was a small company, I had to help design and debug hardware as well. All that doesn't make me smarter so much as more experienced than most. You too can browse the web to answer many of your own questions. I'm continually amazed at what's available with a simple web search. It's part of how I continue to learn and re-learn.
  • Dave MatthewsDave Matthews Posts: 93
    edited 2013-07-16 08:07
    I've been gleaning EEPROM and I2C information from this forum, and I also want to post my appreciation for your helpful comments and examples.
    Dave
    KI4PSR

Mike Green wrote: »
    Thanks, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the smartest guy on the forum. I try to read things carefully. I do quick research on the web to answer questions. I learned basic electronics years ago through amateur radio and have a lot of experience building kits and some "from scratch" things. I worked in the computer business as a systems programmer for many years and wrote compilers, run-time libraries, operating systems, text editors, and stuff like that. Since it was a small company, I had to help design and debug hardware as well. All that doesn't make me smarter so much as more experienced than most. You too can browse the web to answer many of your own questions. I'm continually amazed at what's available with a simple web search. It's part of how I continue to learn and re-learn.