Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tri Axis accelerometer (detection of G-force changes in X and Y axis) — Parallax Forums

Tri Axis accelerometer (detection of G-force changes in X and Y axis)

JazieJazie Posts: 3
edited 2010-01-26 08:04 in Accessories
confused.gif I am now doing on Tri- axis accelerometer, I met a problem when I try to program the accelerometer to work in the way when the G-FORCE of X n Y axis changes, it will alert the user. But when i transfer the code to the BS2 chip
i have problem that is one of the axis show that it already have G-FORCE change and it automatic alert the user (it happen when the accelerometer is on the table.)

and i dont understand how to set a threshold value for the G-FORCE lik --> G-Force > ***???
sad.gif

Post Edited (Jazie) : 1/24/2010 4:08:00 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-23 22:59
    1) Please add a subject for this thread. Use the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner of the first message box to edit your message.

2) Attach your code to your next message. Use the "Post Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply box and use the Attachment Manager to upload the source file.

3) Include a detailed description of how you have the accelerometer wired to your BS2.
  • JazieJazie Posts: 3
    edited 2010-01-24 16:07
    Hi,

I had posted the stuff you need in the first message. (p.s this is the first time i use a forum =X )

the accelerometer is wired as stated by the data sheet. =)

thank alot.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-01-25 22:29
    The Z Axis will always show a value due to force of gravity. You need to take the value at rest and subtract that out and do calculations based on the new value.
  • JazieJazie Posts: 3
    edited 2010-01-26 08:04
    thank alot, i did it!