Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Translating a Stamp2 program to Stamp1 program — Parallax Forums

Translating a Stamp2 program to Stamp1 program

Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,181
edited 2010-01-24 19:35 in BASIC Stamp
Hello!
I have a rather interesting quandry to discuss here, I have this Stamp2 program from this location:
http://tinyurl.com/lcd0569·, and it discusses programming the described device, (hopefully with a breakout board), with the aid of a Stamp2.
Terry this is your work that I'm discussing here by the way.· (I was going to include the excellent code here, but it is available online.) I'm one of the community who uses a Stamp1 all the time. At the moment I don't have the resources to obtain one of the Stamp2 family members.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-23 20:55
    There's no way you can fit all that code in a Stamp1. You'll have to either strip down the linked program so it can be made to fit or get a BS2. Remember that a Stamp1 has only 256 bytes of memory vs. a Stamp2's 2K. In addition. the linked program uses features of PBasic that are present for the Stamp2 version, but not the Stamp1 version.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,181
    edited 2010-01-24 03:40
    Mike Green said...
    There's no way you can fit all that code in a Stamp1. You'll have to either strip down the linked program so it can be made to fit or get a BS2. Remember that a Stamp1 has only 256 bytes of memory vs. a Stamp2's 2K. In addition. the linked program uses features of PBasic that are present for the Stamp2 version, but not the Stamp1 version.
    Hello!
    I realize that Mike, but it seemed logical to go ahead and ask anyway. I suspect I'll need to obtain one of the varmints soon, but I didn't expect it to be this soon.
    ·
    I am still working on options.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name
    edited 2010-01-24 19:06
    Hello!
    And now we come to something else that I am interested in. It dates back to when the original grouping resided on the Yahoo Groups sites. An individual there (as related by the archivist) was interested in talking to just the display for a TI83Plus. Someone else (no not me) convinced him to investigate again the ideas of sending data to a complete and normally running TI83Plus.

The site that an individual created for turning these marvels of electronics into robots is still up, as is a portion of it that explains how to communicate with one via·a Stamp2. It also continues the programs that also go onto both devices. Here it is for those of you :http://smallrobot.bizland.com/bs2ti.html·to be honest given the age I expected it to be gone. (And perhaps not even on the Internet Way Back Machine,)

His program is also for a Stamp2, on the original site, and I did ask about converting it to a Stamp1, and there on the original group an individual did indeed do so. I have that down in hard copy, and I'll probably collect one in electronic form next. However I need to double check that translation. Here's the program:
    serdata var byte
    again:
    '*****this will wait for serial from calculator
    serin 15,396,[noparse][[/noparse]serdata]
    '***this will send it to the pc debug screen
    debug dec serdata, cr

'***this will send the same data plus 1 back to the calculator
    serdata=serdata + 1
    serout 15,396,[noparse][[/noparse]serdata]
    goto again

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-24 19:12
    Buck, Please don't mess with the fonts you use. It is really hard to read your posts when you do this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-01-24 19:18
    Hello!
    I don't understand what you mean.
    ·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-24 19:35
    Buck said...
    I have a rather interesting quandry to discuss here, I have this Stamp2 program from this location:
    http://tinyurl.com/lcd0569·, and it discusses programming the described device, (hopefully with a breakout board),
    Buck said...
    And now we come to something else that I am interested in. It dates back to when the original grouping resided on the Yahoo Groups sites. An individual there (as related by the archivist) was interested in talking to just the display for a TI83Plus. Someone else (no not me) convinced him to investigate again the ideas of sending data to a complete and normally running TI83Plus.
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen