Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and BS2px communication — Parallax Forums

BS2 and BS2px communication

bazzeebazzee Posts: 1
edited 2010-01-23 14:33 in BASIC Stamp
Howdy,

i have been trying to get my bs2 and my bs2px to communicate with each other using the serout and serin commands. i have had little luck with getting it to work. im trying to get the bs2 to send numaric values to the bs2px so that it·will display·them in the debug terminal. the closest that i have gotten is the bs2px displays random and crazy numbers in the debug terminal. i could use some help with getting this system to work out.

thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-22 21:12
    You're not going to get much help if you don't supply enough information like a schematic of how the two Stamps are connected and attaching your BS2 and BS2px programs to another message.

Remember that the Baud constants used in the BS2 and BS2px for a given Baud are different.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-01-23 01:54
    Welcome Bazzee, :-)

For the best help on the code you are using, you can use the attachment manager to upload the source code (file.bs2 & file.bpx) and then we can see how the program is working or not working properly.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-01-23 14:33
    And note that the baud-rate constants are DIFFERENT between the BS2 'plain' and the BS2px.

Meaning -- SEROUT 0, 16468, [noparse][[/noparse]"Hi!", CR]
    will do 9600 baud on a BS2, but I don't know WHAT it'll do on a BS2px -- that 16468 number will need to be changed on the BS2px.