Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cable to Connect Multiple Stamps Together — Parallax Forums

Cable to Connect Multiple Stamps Together

John BurrowJohn Burrow Posts: 27
edited 2010-01-18 19:07 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to connect together·many of the pins on 5 Stamps, using Super Carrier Boards. There's a 'block'·on the·board that has 20·electrical connectors (2 rows of 10) for 2 x VSS, VIN, VDD and pins·0 to 15, and it's this I'd like to use.

I·have been looking for·a flat 20 connector ribbon cable, and·crimp on headers (Kind of·like the old PC drive cables).

I've just returned from Frys (a truly frustating experience), and they have nothing. Can anyone help·me with part numbers·from someone like Mouser, etc?

Thanks, John Burrow
San Diego
·

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-01-18 18:59
    John Burrow

I wouldn't recommend tieing the VDD pins together.Instead tie the VSS pins together and the VIN pins together if using one power supply.This way each super carrier board has its own voltage reg.(VDD).

I would also use a 220ohm resister between I/O pins to prevent a dead short.

One last thing,If you tie all the I/O pins together you will in effect have just one Super Carr. Board,wasting the other 4

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············___$WMc%___···························· BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-01-18 19:07
    The best way to connect multiple BS2's together is with a 'party-line' RS-232 wire (signal + ground) and implement a 'master-slave' SEROUT/SERIN protocol. This takes ONE signal pin, leaving the other 15 pins available for 'local use' on the BS2 modules.