Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Say it module. how to — Parallax Forums

Say it module. how to

filip911filip911 Posts: 17
edited 2010-01-15 20:34 in BASIC Stamp
hello

i have Say it module and i learned him one trigger and 7 commands in group 1. i tested and everything is fine. i generated code and put it in basic stamp 2. now i have problem. he recognize my trigger but what next. when i say after my trigger any my command from group 1 he dont·recognize. he tell me timed out.

HELP·

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2010-01-14 01:53
    filip911

How would one most Honorable member reply to ones post with out such code as one is using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············___$WMc%___···························· BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • filip911filip911 Posts: 17
    edited 2010-01-14 08:13
    code is in attachment.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-01-15 18:30
    Filip911,

In the sample code there is a reference to a VRGROUP variable. Initially the group is set to zero, which is the trigger group, so it will review "Robot" and "Go Luka" for recognition. Once there has been a successful recognition, the program jumps to GROUP 0 and select the command the Say It recognized (GO_LUKA). From there you can either jump to a routine, or simple validate that a trigger has been recognized (commonly done with the·LED on PIN 4·for a visual indicator) and then change the VRGROUP to the group you want to jump to; in this case it would be VRGROUP = 1.·The Say It module then listens for the Group 1 commands;·you can continue that process until you reach an executable routine. For example, if you say "Go Luka", then "Timer Off" may power down a timer circuit.

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask follow-ups as needed and I will do what I can to help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • filip911filip911 Posts: 17
    edited 2010-01-15 20:25
    thx joshua..
    now i understand. i tried and it worked. it is very good piece of hardware. thx
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-01-15 20:34
    Filip911,

No problem, I have had fun using that module as well. Made a robot that wouldn't do the commands I told it to do, I called it my Insubordinate Robot; whereas I would tell it to do something (ATTACK) and then it would do something totally different or outright tell me “NO”. It was a fun project to do with the Boe-Bot, and had some people laughing when I did a demo.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com