Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallel LCD with BS2 — Parallax Forums

Parallel LCD with BS2

Austin S.Austin S. Posts: 5
edited 2010-01-14 00:49 in BASIC Stamp
Hey Everyone,

I seem to have a parallel and serial LCD with four pins on the side and sixteen on the bottom. The extra two pins on the parallel connection is for the backlight. As for the serial connections, two of them are soldered to and two are unused. The LCD is a GX1602A5.

I want to experiment with the LCD and write messages for it to display, how can I do this? Apparently with the BS2 (I have the Boe-Bot Board of Education), I have to manually create subroutines. How do I do that?

I'd appreciate it if you guys guided me into programming this LCD as well as connecting everything!

Thanks,

Austin

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-13 20:10
    Parallax sells (sold?) a parallel LCD and may have some code that would apply but you will need to figure out the connections and what codes your LCD needs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Austin S.Austin S. Posts: 5
    edited 2010-01-14 00:43
    Franklin said...
    Parallax sells (sold?) a parallel LCD and may have some code that would apply but you will need to figure out the connections and what codes your LCD needs.

Thanks Franklin.

Does anyone know how to connect and program a parallel LCD? Also, does anyone know of any documentation on the parallel LCD Franklin is talking about?

Thanks,

Austin
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2010-01-14 00:49
    Austin--

Here is the Parallax documentation and some demo code.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.