Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
4 Line Parallax LCD Proble — Parallax Forums

4 Line Parallax LCD Proble

JimTheProgrammerJimTheProgrammer Posts: 44
edited 2010-01-12 23:18 in BASIC Stamp
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this but I have a 4 line LCD serial display from Parallax and it
does not want to display anything anymore. The backlight doesn't even work. Is there a way to test this besides
send serial commands to it from a BS2p. It was a rather large investment so I hope the LCD is not broken.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-01-12 00:38
    What happen when the two switch on the back of the LCD Display· are OFF

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them smile.gif

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • JimTheProgrammerJimTheProgrammer Posts: 44
    edited 2010-01-12 01:08
    I get two darken cursor boxes going across lines 1 and 3. lines 2 and 4 are blank.
  • vaclav_salvaclav_sal Posts: 451
    edited 2010-01-12 17:35
    "Standard" Hitachi compatible LCD runs reset on power-up.
    No software is necessary for that.
    The display you getting is a good indicator that the LCD is probably OK.
    In two line display I get similar "block" characters, however, you need to check what 4 line display·should be after the reset.
    Cheers Vaclav
    ·
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2010-01-12 23:18
    There is something wrong with this LCD Display

Because when you have both switch are OFF· when you power the display you should see PARALLAX and short after that you should pack man eat all the letters and after that you should see the same thing again over and over

If you do not see this call Tech support at Parallax and see what they can do for you

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them smile.gif

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam