Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Help for QTI Sensor Project! — Parallax Forums

Need Help for QTI Sensor Project!

ntshkhanntshkhan Posts: 3
edited 2010-01-15 04:41 in Accessories
I am doing a science fair project on the boe bot. I am using 4 QTI sensors to line follow various line. I was told and found in my research that if programmed right, the boe bot using the 4 QTI sensors can detect different shades of gray. I was wanting to use this for different color since each color has a different reflectivity. In my research I have not found how to program the boe bot to do this. If any one can give me pointers on how to program this or any information on this it will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
ntshkhan

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-11 22:35
    The demo program found on the product page will read the raw value from the sensor and you will need to find the values produced by each color and then write code that makes use of this information.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2010-01-12 03:05
    There are two methods: use an RC type circuit or use an external ADC. I believe the RC circuit is described in the QTI product documentation. An external ADC (such as the MCP3204 from Parallax) would work, and there should be some sample code that you can use to get that done.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔