Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need help with project — Parallax Forums

need help with project

bobcatbobcat Posts: 2
edited 2010-01-09 01:00 in BASIC Stamp
I am currently working on a project with the board of education rev c. The project requires me to use a servo and 2 push buttons to make a windshield wiper. The wiper has to have 6 speeds, it starts at the slowest and controlled by the 2 push buttons. If the in3 is pressed, the speed goes up by one, if the in4 is pressed, the speed goes down one. I tried to do this one alone but can't figure out he answers, if anyone have the solution or tips, please post it here. Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-01-09 00:48
    This sounds like a class or term project which you would have to solve yourself.

Typically for a project like this, you have to break down the project into small pieces and come up with solutions for each piece before you try to combine them. For example, you should make a program first that simply senses when a pushbutton is pressed and when it's released. Then do the same for two pushbuttons where the program can sense when either pushbutton is pressed or released. A second piece might be to make the servo sweep the way you need it, then extend that program to have your six speeds. Next project would be to use the two pushbuttons to keep a counter the way you described. Remember to set it up so there are limits going up and going down (so you get 1 to 6). Then you combine the pieces and get the combined program to work.

If you come up with some source code and have a question about it, use the "Post Reply" button and the Attachment Manager that shows up to upload your source code. DO NOT just cut and paste the source code into a message.
  • bobcatbobcat Posts: 2
    edited 2010-01-09 01:00
    Thanks for the help, it is really nice to have someone helping in a project like this. I am a currently taking robotics in a junior high school, the time i spend working with the BASIC stamp was less than 2 month. Again thanks for the help.