Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multiple TCs with the DS2760 and a BS2 — Parallax Forums

Multiple TCs with the DS2760 and a BS2

$WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
edited 2010-01-07 03:35 in BASIC Stamp
Hello All

·I have a DS2760 connected to a BS2. This works great and is very accurate for reading type K TCs. My problem is I need to read 7 TCs and I don't have enough I/O pins left to use 7 DS2760s.

Does anyone have an idea on how to expand the input to·a·DS2760 to read more than 1 TC. I don't need to read them all at once,just check on them from time to time for over temp. Also switching the TCs would be cheaper than switching DS2760s.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The Truth is out there············___$WMc%___···························· BoogerWoods, FL. USA

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2010-01-07 03:35
    WMC,

I would think an I/O expander would be needed. You can't connect more than one TC to a chip. The attenuation will be too much. The extra connection will throw the TC output off.

I personally use Max 6675's for TC's, but they are expensive.

Use a PCF 8574 or similar to expand your I/O to accommodate more TC interface chips. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is a good solution.

I'm sure others will have other ideas, which may be better.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer
    Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!