Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to get value in excel by PLX-DAQ? — Parallax Forums

How to get value in excel by PLX-DAQ?

ShinXIIIShinXIII Posts: 8
edited 2010-01-06 20:57 in BASIC Stamp
I could use eb500 to send data to PLX-DAQ and also set the values in worksheet.
However, I really unable to get data from the excel worksheet.
I search the forum topics about PLX-DAQ, but it seems that don't have this problem.
Could someone enlight me what could be the possible reason?
Wire connection, but i could send out. And I still can't get value even I increased the waiting timeout to 20000mS
The values are integers less than 100 which i believe could be processed by basic stamp.
Thanks alot for you help [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments

• ShinXIIIShinXIII Posts: 8
    edited 2010-01-06 08:47
    Just to add on, I am using the sample program "PLX-DAQ Simple test" with BS2 chip.
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-01-06 12:28
    If you haven't done so yet, read carefully through the entire help file (which is a separate file that comes in the PLX-DAQ download). It explains everything in great detail, and gives very clear examples.
    Shin XIII said...
    I'm not sure this is what you mean, but are you trying to have the eb500 set values in an Excel sheet (through PLX-DAQ), and then have a BS2 read the values from that sheet at the same time? I don't think that's going to work, because only one of the two devices can connect to the serial port that's connected to that Excel sheet.
  • ShinXIIIShinXIII Posts: 8
    edited 2010-01-06 20:57
    sylvie369 said...
    If you haven't done so yet, read carefully through the entire help file (which is a separate file that comes in the PLX-DAQ download). It explains everything in great detail, and gives very clear examples.
    Shin XIII said...

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but are you trying to have the eb500 set values in an Excel sheet (through PLX-DAQ), and then have a BS2 read the values from that sheet at the same time? I don't think that's going to work, because only one of the two devices can connect to the serial port that's connected to that Excel sheet.

Hi, thx for the reply.

I did refer to the help file, set function works well. but get function was not able to work.

I was working on a toy tricycle which i need to make it able to move automatically to the assigned location and avoid all obstacle.
    So i need to send the data such as the value of encoder or compass. and computer would based on the data provide to figure the real-time location of tricycle.
    hence the computer could tell tricycle how to move to reach the assigned location. i just use bluetooth to send out and receive instructions from computer.