Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DS1620 + Easy Bluetooth Module — Parallax Forums

DS1620 + Easy Bluetooth Module

CoOlFrOsTCoOlFrOsT Posts: 8
edited 2010-01-07 16:50 in Accessories
Hi,

I'm currently using DS1620 to collect and log temperature. I'm able to establish a communication between PC and BOE with Serial Cable. Hyperterminal is being used to tell DS1620 to read, log, erase. Coding is in the file attached.

I want to bring the project to another stage by using the Easy Bluetooth Module to replace Serial Cable to communicate wirelessly between BOE and PC. And at the same time, still allowing me to send and read data to DS1620. Will it be possible?

Comments

• CoOlFrOsTCoOlFrOsT Posts: 8
    edited 2010-01-07 02:56
    Hi guys if anyone knows the solution please help out thanks. Its a school project and deadline is almost up. Its urgent thanks!
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-07 06:25
    cOoLFrost said...
    I want to bring the project to another stage by using the Easy Bluetooth Module to replace Serial Cable to communicate wirelessly between BOE and PC. And at the same time, still allowing me to send and read data to DS1620. Will it be possible?
    The easy module can replace the serial cable for communications but not programming.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • CoOlFrOsTCoOlFrOsT Posts: 8
    edited 2010-01-07 08:48
    I tried setting the COM ports for communications but I am not able to sen the data via bluetooth.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-01-07 16:50
    Have you downloaded and run the software for the BT to test if it works? Start with a simple "hello World" program to get the feel before trying to integrate them into your app.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen