Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using the logic analyzer — Parallax Forums

Using the logic analyzer

James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
edited 2009-12-30 21:04 in Accessories
Ok.....so I'm practicing with my propscope. I need the practice, trust me.

What would be the best method for the logic analyzer ports?

I have used jumper wires, but man they are sensitive. I start picking up wave forms when just attaching a wire. Is there a threshold for the logic to be seen?

I'm not sure this is real logic or just noise.

Would a shielded cable be better (I know it would be better), would it make much difference on the connection is made?

Proper use:

I figure the ground is to tie the commons together, but I would like to make sure before I getting a ground loop going.

Opinions.......further instructions...... I haven't ever had a logic analyzer on a scope before......it's all new to me.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
James L
Partner/Designer
Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!

Comments

• mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2009-12-30 21:04
    James as you know I am having problems with mine but what I did was to use CAT5 network cord , its already shielded and the wires are doubled up , then I took a wire wrap IC socket for the propscope plug , and for the probes Radio Shack sells a 4 pack of these little red and black lead clips they work perfect for attaching to wires or IC chips you have to buy 2 packs though since there are only 4 in each, I made mine 2 feet long I can post picture if you want to see it

Post Edited (mikediv) : 12/30/2009 9:12:03 PM GMT
    2272 x 1704 - 1002K
    2272 x 1704 - 995K