Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EEprom — Parallax Forums

EEprom

darkangeldarkangel Posts: 1
edited 2009-12-30 09:36 in BASIC Stamp
hi all, i need help on one area regarding EEprom for my GPS system.

i was able to store data on the EEprom·but i could extract it out..(before integrating with GPS)
Anyone could help me with this? is there any codes available?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-28 11:11
    You have to provide more information. What EEprom? Which GPS system? If you are using the Stamp's EEPROM, you are using WRITE statements. In that case, you use READ statements to read out the information. The BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual shows how to use these statements. There are chapters on each one of them. If you don't have the Manual, check the help files for the Stamp Editor. This has similar information.
  • NHelpNHelp Posts: 1
    edited 2009-12-30 09:36
    Hi,

I have similar problem for my final year project. I am using EE Prom 24LC128. I got the codes from Parallax and I am able to store(Write), however I do not know how to go about reading the information·from the particular address being saved.

For example; when I run, it shows ' Enter value to store from 0 to 255: ' I add a particular value let say 20, it will prompt me ' Enter address to store 20 at, 0 to 15999: ' so I key in an address let say 55, it will show ' Value stored at location 55 is 20'

Now I supposed I have stored in the EE Prom, but how do I read the value from the address that I keyed in? I meant working in a reverse condition which I know the address but I want to find out what value have I stored in it.

I hope you can solve my doubt. Thanks a lot. burger.gif