Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No BASIC stamp found — Parallax Forums

No BASIC stamp found

AltAlt Posts: 4
edited 2009-12-28 14:24 in BASIC Stamp
···· HI!· Help.· I am a new Boe-Bot user.· I am following the manual provided with my new Boe-Bot.· My computer acknowledges the fact that there is a cable running into the computer (USB).· However, the computer will not recognize any BASIC Stamps, even though I have a BS2 in the correct spot.· I am using a computer with Vista.· The manual does not include any information regarding Vista.· I found the section that explains to change in the Device Manager·=> Ports =>·Port Settings => Advanced. It says to uncheck the box labled "Use FIFO Buffers".· I do not see anything about FIFO buffers.· Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2009-12-28 02:30
    hello and welcome to the forums! take a look at this forum post that may help you.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=867712
    ·
  • AltAlt Posts: 4
    edited 2009-12-28 02:57
    We reviewed the post, and nothing seemed to help.· Our dilemma is in the attachment.· If you can't see the attachment, refer to the text below:

When I press Run => Identify to test to see if the STAMP Editor registers the stamp, the "Device Type" and the "Version" columns are blank, even though Yes shows in the "Loopback" and "Echo" columns.· The computer identifies the port (if the cable isn't plugged in, Device Manager doesn't show COM4, my port), but not the actual BS2.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Boe-Bot ROCKS, dude!

So does math and Guitar Hero!
    d/dx (3x^2 + 5x - 3) = 6x + 5
    TTFAF!· SO HARD!·Max. score: around 320K
    720 x 450 - 52K
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-12-28 05:11
    Is the boebot board powered?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2009-12-28 12:50
    Yes!· The green light goes on when we flip the little toggle switch from 0 to 1.· Also the lights (blue and red I think) flicker when we attach the USB.· Thank you for helping.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Boe-Bot ROCKS, dude!

edited 2009-12-28 13:02
    WE FIGUERD IT OUT!· I WAS THE BATTERYS.· Thank you for helpingsmile.gifhop.gifsmile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Boe-Bot ROCKS, dude!

• sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2009-12-28 14:24
    I couldn't begin to count the number of times that a mysterious problem I was having turned out to be batteries that had run too low, or·some other inadequate power supply problem. My voltmeter never gets a chance to collect dust anymore, as I'm testing voltages as soon as any problem appears. Great time-saver.