Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do I do a Software Reset? — Parallax Forums

How do I do a Software Reset?

BS2ILHBS2ILH Posts: 9
edited 2010-01-05 19:13 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Could it be LOW 22 ? 22 is the pin number and the manual says to drive it low to reset. The reset button itself seems to be a simple connect to ground - which would drive it low i guess.
The manual also states to never drive it High, it is internally pulled high. or is this topic a nono.gifskull.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-26 20:11
    There is no software reset on any of the Stamps. If you wish, you can connect the Reset line to one of the I/O pins and force a reset by setting that I/O pin to low. The Reset pin does have a built-in pullup resistor and should not be driven high because the Stamps have a brown-out detector that drives the Reset line low when the input voltage is too low to work reliably. The Stamps also connect the Reset line to the ATN line from the programming interface.
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2009-12-29 14:30
    Typically, when I want to do a software reset, I'll write my program with a label at the front, and simply 'goto' that label.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-12-30 06:31
    Going back to the beginning is fine, but it differs from a reset in that the variables are not zeroed, and the pins retain their current state, rather than reverting to inputs.

-Phil
  • BS2ILHBS2ILH Posts: 9
    edited 2010-01-05 19:13
    thanks to all responses. i added a label to - as the 'program' code... which is basically a loop of button 1 pressed then gosub button1, button 2.. etc

have not yet gotten the 'mindset' of inputs being outputs and vice versa.

: might be a solution to not really this topics thread as it was started:
    As i am out of pins and when the program is running it would not be able to 'read' a button press anyway... I added a wire from Vss to a button and from that a wire soldered to where the physical reset button is... i need to 'hide away' the board-wires etc and yet be able to hit the 'kill switch' when something goes haywire. The button is in-on a container that WILL be accessable (sp?) . Not Elegant- probably not wise- but o well .