Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with Resetting BS2 on BOE — Parallax Forums

Help with Resetting BS2 on BOE

Ender231Ender231 Posts: 1
edited 2009-12-25 20:08 in BASIC Stamp
Ok, I got a Gps thing for Christmas. I hooked it up to my BS2 on my BOE, and uploaded the program. Now, I want to try one that I made myself, but it says the COM3 is busy, or in use. Then it says it cannot find any BS2's attached to the PC.

Is there any way to remove the program from the BS2 without having it attached to the computer?
If not, how would I handle the situation?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-25 20:08
    1) You don't have to remove a program from a BS2. The PC normally forces the BS2 to reset, then downloads the new program regardless of what was in the Stamp previously.

2) Try reinstalling the Stamp Editor and its I/O drivers. I assume you're using the USB BOE or a BOE with a USB to serial adapter. The default drivers in Windows don't work properly.

3) You may find that it works better for now if you restart Windows. Once you reinstall the I/O drivers and restart Windows, things should work better. Also check that you have fresh batteries in your BOE power supply. The BS2 has to be powered for the PC to find it and GPS devices suck lots of power.

Merry Christmas!