Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2px issue — Parallax Forums

BS2px issue

ToborgToborg Posts: 22
edited 2009-12-23 22:42 in BASIC Stamp
Just purchased a BS2px and I believe that it may be malfunctioning.
Do,loop routines do not continue after 3 cycles through the program. Also when the power is shut off the program needs to be reloaded. It will not run unless the program is loaded again. On my old BS2 this was not an issue.·Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-23 20:25
    That is not normal behavior nor does it sound like something simple, like a power problem.· I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support this afternoon or when they reopen after the holiday.

Like all the Stamps, the program is stored directly in an EEPROM and would not need to be reloaded to be able to run again.

Your description of DO / LOOP not working after 3 loops doesn't make sense either.

Make sure your power source works
    ·
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-12-23 20:34
    Can you attach your code as a .bpx file?· This will help us eliminate any coding issues.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • ToborgToborg Posts: 22
    edited 2009-12-23 21:13
    My code is as follows:

' {$STAMP BS2px}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DO
    HIGH 0
    PAUSE 500
    LOW 0
    PAUSE 500
    LOOP

When I run this program I get 5v for a moment on my scope, then back to zero.
    When I hit the reset button on my B.O.E. Nothing happens still zero volts.
    Only when I reload the program from the basic stamp editor do I get the 5v fot like 1ms.
    edited 2009-12-23 21:16
    Here is the file.....
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-23 21:54
    Again, it's either a power supply problem or some kind of weird BS2px failure, perhaps a bad connection on the module. If it were a problem with the EEPROM, you'd not be able to download and run the program at all and you'd probably get an error from the Stamp Editor during download. There could be a problem with the serial cable or, if you're using a USB adapter, the adapter might be bad. It's really impossible to tell without having the BS2px and possibly its board on hand. By the way, what board are you using it with?
    edited 2009-12-23 22:42
    I called tech support.

I appears to be a quirky resonator issue. It works sometimes and sometimes not.

Told me to try·a few things to replicate the issue.

Will play with it as suggested.

Thanks all for your help.

Toborg