Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PC control of the BS2e — Parallax Forums

PC control of the BS2e

Ron NewlonRon Newlon Posts: 4
edited 2009-12-23 19:44 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
I have an application that needs a program written to run on a PC laptop that reads a file containing line and object drawing coordinates in inches. The program reads the endpoints of line segments (x,y) then generates the number of clock pulses for clockwise or counterclockwise commands to three stepper motors. The information sent to the BS2e is intended to match codes such as PAD0, PAD1, PAD2, etc. then read the next two words which are the·cw or ccw pulses·of the pad to be placed·on the photographic film. The machine is an x, y, z, photo plotter machine that uses three stepper motors to position the plotter head to x and y position then adjust the position of the head to make the correct line width or pad diameters.

The problem I have is writing PC code to communicate with the BS2e over the USB interface. Has anyone written or have program code to accomplish the communication from say a PC program written in Basic?

I would appreciate receiving the code.

Sincerely,

Ron Newlon

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-12-23 19:32
    This comes up all the time so you should be able to search for other posts. The stamp talks serial so for the stamp code you need to receive data from the serial port and convert it into commands to complete. the remote control boebot and easy bluetooth code may help as will other code samples on devices that communicate to the stamp by serial.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Ron NewlonRon Newlon Posts: 4
    edited 2009-12-23 19:44
    I was hoping to get code similar to that used in the "Debug" code in the Parallax Software. I use the USB port through a Keyspan device to serial. I would use the same harware.

Ron