Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to retrieve bse code — Parallax Forums

how to retrieve bse code

antonisantonis Posts: 9
edited 2009-12-21 18:46 in BASIC Stamp
hello!
i have write a code in my·BS2 chip, can anyone tell me if i can download my code from BS2 because i lost my file with the code.

thank you!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-21 18:46
    This question comes up from time to time. Sorry, you can't do it. Two reasons:

1) The only way to get the interpretive codes out of the Stamp is to load a small program into the Stamp that will dump the rest of the program memory to your PC. That small program will overwrite part of the program already in the Stamp making it impossible to dump out.

2) Even if you get the interpretive code out of the Stamp, there is no way to get your original program back. The interpretive code is not publicly documented and, in any event, the variable names and labels are not present.

Theoretically, it's possible to either remove the EEPROM from the Stamp module and read the whole thing or to use special equipment to try to read the EEPROM while it's still part of the Stamp module. I'm sure there are companies that will attempt to produce a compilable source program from the interpretive code. You still wouldn't have the original labels and variable names and the cost would be very high since the effort is very time-consuming.