Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB Datalogger, SPI Mode trouble — Parallax Forums

USB Datalogger, SPI Mode trouble

jadavis3jadavis3 Posts: 2
edited 2009-12-21 17:39 in BASIC Stamp
I am having trouble getting my USB datalogger (P/N 27937) to start up properly in SPI mode. When I place the jumper in "SPI Mode" according to the MemoryStickDataLoggerV1.1.pdf document and apply power, the LED blinks once through its sequence (green, red, repeat for two seconds), but then the LEDs turn off.

When I place the jumper in UART mode the LEDs will flash red and green continuously.

I have not been able to communicate with the Datalogger in SPI mode, and was wondering if this behavior indicates a problem, or if this behavior is normal in SPI mode.

Thanks for any help,

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-12-18 20:57
    jadavis3,

Have you got this unit to work before and now it's giving issue, or when did you start encountering this continuous flashing in UART mode? Do you have a thumb drive in when the LEDs are flashing?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • jadavis3jadavis3 Posts: 2
    edited 2009-12-19 03:04
    No I have not got this unit to work before. I have only tried writing to the device in SPI mode. After reading the datasheet that stated the LED sequence should repeat itself until the monitor connects, I realized that my unit was not acting according the datasheet when I have the jumper in the SPI mode. I have attempted inserting a USB thumb drive into the datalogger, then powering the module ( I have also attempted supply power first,and then inserting the USB drive ). Both methods have resulted in the same result ( Green then red for two seconds, then both off ).

I attempted to place the device in UART mode, inserted a thumb drive, and then powering the device. Without writing anything to the device while in UART mode, the LED constantly flashes green then red.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Jason
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-12-21 17:39
    Jason,

Please contact me to set up an RMA for testing. You can contact me at 888-997-8267; just ask for me and I will get that set up for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com