Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Labview (Sensirion SHT11 Sensor Module (#28018)) — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Labview (Sensirion SHT11 Sensor Module (#28018))

CoOlFrOsTCoOlFrOsT Posts: 8
edited 2009-12-18 02:37 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I am currently trying create a connection between BS2 with Labview. At the same time, using labview to construct a graph from the data gathered from the above mention sensor.

Must I create a digital to analogue circuit before both Labview and BS2 can talk to one another?

Please advice

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-12-17 00:05
    CoOlFrOst,

The module you are using will work with a BASIC Stamp natively, so you could take measurements from that sensor and then send that data via PIN 16 (serial port) to the PC. At that point, you would just have to program LabVIEW to receive the data and display it how you desire.

Have you got the sensor working in the terminal window of the BASIC Stamp editor?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • CoOlFrOsTCoOlFrOsT Posts: 8
    edited 2009-12-17 02:26
    Yes. I got my sensor working on BASIC Stamp editor.

Meaning I have to open both BASIC Stamp editor and Labview concurrently before I'm able to let Labview receive the data and display it?
    edited 2009-12-17 02:31
    Wat input should be placed on Labview in order for labview to receive the data?
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-12-17 23:06
    CoOlFrOst,

Once you have the BASIC Stamp programmed, it doesn't need to be connected to the PC to operate;·so you will not need both the BASIC Stamp editor and LabVIEW running. Depending on the information you want to·track in LabVIEW will determine variables need sent. For example, if you wanted to monitor temp, you would send the temp variable to the serial port, which would go to the PC running LabVIEW. From there you will have to have LabVIEW configured to receive that information and display it.

If you would like help on programming LabVIEW you can ask on the forums, but that is one program we don’t have here at Parallax; or look online for some tutorials.

I hope this helps,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-12-18 02:37
    Joshua,

Thanks alot for your help