Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Accel_Gyro, Inertial Measurement Unit — Parallax Forums

Accel_Gyro, Inertial Measurement Unit

Nick McClickNick McClick Posts: 1,003
edited 2010-06-07 21:18 in Accessories
I was going to post this in the Propeller Forums, but I realized this sensor will work on other microcontrollers using sigma delta or an ADC:

0.JPG

The Accel_Gyro is a 5DOF sensor, combining a Gyroscope and Accelerometer. Onboard low-pass and high-pass filters allow for a cleaner signal, and an onboard voltage regulator makes it easy to integrate with 5V or 3.3V projects.

The best part - it's only $50. There's a ton more info on the project page. This project was designed by Starlino - it's an improved version of the sensor he used with his USB gamepad motion controller.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Nick

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Propeller Forums RSS Feed!

Gadget Gangster - Share your Electronic Projects

Comments

• TerrasondTerrasond Posts: 8
    edited 2010-06-07 19:19
    I am completely new to this comunity, but i am curious if this sensor is the one i need.

My project is creating a sensor that will track changes in the motion/position of a mooring. the mooring will be placed on the seafloor, however there will be a compartment for this sensor. The parts I think i will need are some form of timekeeping device, An accelerometer or Accel_Gyro, A power source (battery), and a mass storage memory device. I already have a Basic Stamp 2 board.

( and then of course i need to learn the programing, but thats the next step:P )

Would this sensor (plus other components) be capable or recording changes in Z, Y, and X axis and storing the data?

I am unsure of how data loggers work, however if there was a way to record and store data with a real time clock interfaced so that the data is saved relative to time, this may be the component i need.