Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2sx stamp, servo motor is not rotating correctly?? — Parallax Forums

BS2sx stamp, servo motor is not rotating correctly??

StereoPonyzStereoPonyz Posts: 82
edited 2009-12-12 15:13 in BASIC Stamp
I need help, i used the examples in the manual for activity 6 that is to check the wheel rotation by inserting the duration 650 and 850

i realised even when i insert both wheels with 650, the wheels are still rotating in the opposite direction.

Do
pulsout 13, 650
pulsout 12, 650
Loop

I had done manual calibration on the servo to stop spinning at 750 already. But why is it still behaving weirdly?

Comments

• DufferDuffer Posts: 374
    edited 2009-12-12 15:13
    The BS2sx is a faster processor than the BS2 used in the examples/activities. Read the help file for the PULSOUT command carefully for the specific differences for each processor.

The simple answer is that the BS2sx is 2.5 times faster than the BS2 and·requires that the "units of duration" in the PULSOUT command·be changed in order to compensate for this difference in order to produce the same pulse width as the BS2.

Try centering the servos using a duration of 1875, use 1625 where you had 650 and ·2125 where you had 850.

Also keep in mind that there are a number of other commands that will be different from the BS2 examples because you're using·the faster·BS2sx, i.e. PULSIN, FREQOUT, COUNT, PWM, and others.

Duffer